Saturday, February 1, 2014

Psalm 27: Wait!!







Click here to read Psalm 27

"The crocuses are coming! The crocuses are coming!" I can still hear my own words ringing in my ears. Growing up in New York, there was nothing like seeing those beautiful signs of spring burst through the snow or frozen ground. Hope. In the form of a flower. 
That is what this chapter looks like to me.

The Lord is my light and my salvation;
Whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the strength of my life;
Of whom shall I be afraid?

 One thing I have desired of the Lord,
That will I seek:
That I may dwell in the house of the Lord
All the days of my life,
To behold the beauty of the Lord,
And to inquire in His temple.



With the news, the political climate, the crime and disease happening around us, there seems like nothing to do but fear....except, The Lord is the strength of my life! Putting your hopes in anything else, can only result in fear. If dwelling in the house of the Lord forever is your deepest desire, beholding His beauty, and that is secure, then what is left to fear? Can we just start every day with this reminder? It is the only thing that makes sense. This is going up on the wall. This needs to be said to my children when they wake up, and when they sit down, and when they walk along the road. This is what I needed.



And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me;
Therefore I will offer sacrifices of joy in His tabernacle;
I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the Lord.

Step One: Singing praises. Yes, I will sing!

Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice!
Have mercy also upon me, and answer me.
When You said, “Seek My face,”
My heart said to You, “Your face, Lord, I will seek.”

Step two: Seek His face. Your face, Lord, I will seek.

13 I would have lost heart, unless I had believed
That I would see the goodness of the Lord
In the land of the living.

14 Wait on the Lord;
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the Lord!

Step three: Wait.
Verses 13 and 14 are two of my all time favorite verses. We cannot lose heart, we who believe that we will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. I have seen, and know I will continue to see. Wait. Wait. He will strengthen your heart. You will see those crocuses poke their little heads through. And you will know, the thaw is coming. 

I pray that we would praise the Lord, that we would seek His face, and that we would wait, knowing that we will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living! I praying that you would be of good courage and He will strengthen your heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment