Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Psalm 141- Hungry?


 
Psalm 141
Lord, I cry out to You;
Make haste to me!
Give ear to my voice when I cry out to You.
2 Let my prayer be set before You as incense,
The lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.










I was so HUNGRY to get into the Word tonight. So hungry. You know how sometimes you miss a meal, too busy, or lazy, woke up late, have to run out, thinking you will grab something later, and then later comes, but you can't grab a bite. Then all of a sudden you feel your blood sugar hitting the pavement and start getting real desperate to eat something! That is how I felt this evening. Like too hungry. Like I should have “eaten” this morning. Or yesterday. Or the day before. I felt that longing in my soul that can only be filled with some deep life giving Bible time. And I couldn't wait to get the kids in bed so I could dig in!

Lord, I cry out to You;
Make haste to me!







I felt these words to my core when I read them. Hurry up Lord. Please meet me hear fast as my praises go up, and Your mercies come down. The lifting of my hands as the evening sacrifice.
3 Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth;
Keep watch over the door of my lips.
4 Do not incline my heart to any evil thing,

Hello? Can I get a witness? One of the reasons I love writing is because of the delete key and the time I get to sit and re-read my words. In real time, this luxury is not afforded. The power of our words is real. I desperately want this verse to be true in my life. I thank God for a husband and friends that God often uses to edit my words before they are shared to any other, but during the day with the kids, or if I am cranky when my husband comes home, or just when I need to keep my opinions to myself, I need this verse to be true.Before I reply to a comment on a blog or news article, I need those words to be my first response.....my “Nehemiah” prayer to heaven. Set a guard, O Lord, Keep watch, no evil in my heart. Today more than ever.

Let the righteous strike me;It shall be a kindness.
And let him rebuke me;
It shall be as excellent oil;
Let my head not refuse it.

Wounds from a friend are better than kisses from an enemy. Constructive criticism rarely feels good, but is profoundly necessary. I thank God for friends and family that look with love on my life and tell it like it is. It almost always offends at first hearing, but upon reflection, when pride is put down, real growth is possible.
But my eyes are upon You, O GOD the Lord;
In You I take refuge;

At the end of the day, I needed this. My eyes, upon the Lord, my soul taking refuge. Keeping my eyes on Jesus. This song came to mind, and  it is my prayer for us!

O soul, are you weary and troubled?
No light in the darkness you see?
There’s a light for a look at the Savior,
And life more abundant and free!


Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.
Through death into life everlasting
He passed, and we follow Him there;
Over us sin no more hath dominion—
For more than conquerors we are!


His Word shall not fail you—He promised;
Believe Him, and all will be well:
Then go to a world that is dying,
His perfect salvation to tell!
Words & Music: Hel­en H. Lem­mel, 1922


No comments:

Post a Comment