Thursday, March 13, 2014

The best guacamole you'll ever have!

There are a myriad of books littering the shelves of libraries and bookstores, telling you how to improve your child's self esteem. The simple answer? Teach them how to do awesome stuff!  Like make guacamole! My kids LOVE to cook. And I LOVE to let them. Yes, it's messier and takes longer, at first. But when you can lay in bed and tell your nine year old to whip up some pancakes from scratch, and she rocks it? Yeah, it becomes way worth it! Also, they are incredibly proud of themselves for a good reason.

So here ya go, a guacamole recipe even your kids can make, mostly.... :) The chopping of course needs to be done by you. I tried to crop out the mess that is my house as best I could. :)

Take a spoon and scoop out 4  soft avocados.
This is fun, so EVERYONE wants a turn!
Then add some salt to taste (I prefer Kosher)
How cute is that little hand!
Add 1 tsp of taco/fajita seasoning  and mash together.
This is my part! I used 1.5 Roma tomatoes, 2 tbl. of chopped jalepenos, and 2 tbl. of chopped onion. Red onion is my favorite, but I didn't have any!
They are so cute these kids!! They all had to put it in together!
Voila! There are other optional ingredients like some fresh lime juice to keep it from turning brown, (but ours never lasts long enough to turn brown) or some chopped cilantro, yum! So much is done to taste. You can adjust with more tomatoes or less, and the same is true for the onions and jalepenos.

Oh, and it must be said that this tastes Ah-mazing with some lime tortilla chips!

Best Guacamole You Ever Had (click here to print)

4 avocados
1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
2 Tbl chopped jalepenos
2 Tbls chopped onions
Salt to taste (kosher)
1tsp taco seasoning
Optional- 2 Tbl chopped cilantro

Take a spoon and scoop out 4  soft avocados.  Then add some salt to taste (I prefer Kosher)
Add 1 tsp of taco/fajita seasoning  and mash together.
Add chopped tomatoes, minced onions, chopped jalepenos and stir.

No comments:

Post a Comment