Sunday, December 1, 2013

I Samuel 2-What is going on in the world??

Read Hannah's song:

 Reading articles and blogs is necessary for me. I know some can't because it can be too overwhelming, and I do feel that way too sometimes, but I am wired for information. Reading, processing, and sharing, I love it. But lately, I don't know what it was, maybe the intensity of participating in 40 days for life, or the idea of a total grid shutdown, (You can google it later, don't worry, it didn't happen ;)) or the vile words spewed at me from someone I don't know for no good reason on FB, but I have been feeling the weight of the fallen world on my shoulders. But this is a weight that my Father had no intention of me bearing. And then this I read this.  These words from  a woman thousands of years ago, inspired  by the very heart of God, speaking to my need so specifically today.  

Read as Hannah praises her sovereign God and reminds me why I can relax..

I Samuel 2:1-10 NKJV
"And Hannah prayed and said: “My heart rejoices in the Lord; My horn is exalted in the Lord. I smile at my enemies, Because I rejoice in Your salvation.

Perspective comes from  true understanding  and appreciation for my salvation which allows me to smile at my enemies. On the flip side, if I am responding at their level, that it is an indicator that I have forgotten where my joy comes from .

 “No one is holy like the Lord, For there is none besides You, Nor is there any rock like our God.
Only God is holy. If I expect perfection from others, I will be sorely disappointed.  And more importantly, I am not Holy, or without sin, either.

 “Talk no more so very proudly; Let no arrogance come from your mouth, For the Lord is the God of knowledge; And by Him actions are weighed.
Is arrogance coming out of my mouth? What do I have to boast of? I am nothing without Him. I only know what is revealed to me. 

 “The bows of the mighty men are broken, And those who stumbled are girded with strength. Those who were full have hired themselves out for bread, And the hungry have ceased to hunger. Even the barren has borne seven, And she who has many children has become feeble.

 “The Lord kills and makes alive; He brings down to the grave and brings up. The Lord makes poor and makes rich; He brings low and lifts up. He raises the poor from the dust And lifts the beggar from the ash heap, To set them among princes And make them inherit the throne of glory.
 “For the pillars of the earth are the Lord ’s, And He has set the world upon them. He will guard the feet of His saints, But the wicked shall be silent in darkness.
 “For by strength no man shall prevail. The adversaries of the Lord shall be broken in pieces; From heaven He will thunder against them. The Lord will judge the ends of the earth. “He will give strength to His king, And exalt the horn of His anointed.”

Wow, just wow. I hope you don't read through those words too fast. Read it again. Take it in. He is in control!!!! Humble yourself and pray, walk in obedience even when it's hard. Trust in the Lord and He will make your paths straight! 

How have you seen this played out in your life?  How does this change the way you live? (Click on the title of the post to comment, if you don't see the comment box right away.)

No comments:

Post a Comment